The Coalition for Government Procurement (the Coalition) is excited to announce the 2019 Excellence in Partnership (EIP) Honorees! The EIPs were developed 18 years ago to honor individuals and organizations in the acquisition community that have made significant contributions to the procurement system that delivers best value to meet agency mission needs.
The 2019 EIP Celebration honors federal and contractor organizations, individuals, and acquisition officials who have made significant strides in promoting and utilizing multiple award contracting vehicles and supporting the evolving needs of government.
The EIP Lifetime Acquisition Excellence Award recognizes individuals in the procurement community who have demonstrated a long-term commitment to improving the federal acquisition system. The Lifetime Acquisition Excellence honorees are:
Lifetime Acquisition Excellence
- Tiffany T. Hixson – Assistant Commissioner, Office of Professional Services and Human Capital Categories, GSA FAS
- Kitty Klaus – Director, Contracts, Easy Dynamics Corp.
- Leantha Sumpter – Director, Contracting eBusiness, Defense Pricing and Contracting, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisition and Sustainment)
Advocating for Veterans
- Carlos A. Flores/Coronado Distribution Company, Inc.
- National Industries for the Blind
- Ricoh USA, Inc.
- GSA AAS FEDSIM
- Julia Conti – Director, Contracts, CGI Federal
- NUWC Division Newport Other Transaction Authority Team
Excellence in Innovation
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- NUWC Division Newport-NAVSEA-ONR Prize Challenge Effort
- Stephanie Shutt, Director, Multiple Award Schedules Program, GSA
Lastly, in addition to celebrating the EIP award winners, we also will be a special honor, a Partnership Appreciation Award, to Robin Bourne, who recently retired from his position as Director, Acquisition Policy Division, Office of Policy and Compliance, GSA FAS. Robin began his 34-year career at GSA in 1985, and served in key roles across the Schedules program, such as the Director of the MAS Program Office, Deputy Center Director of the IT Acquisition Center, and as a warranted Contracting Officer. As one of his colleagues put it, “Robin has been an ardent and tireless supporter of the Schedules program and has been a friend to both industry and government. He has led and supported innovation from Schedules expansion to Schedules consolidation, and other key initiatives that have benefited contractors and federal agencies alike.” The Coalition agrees, and, for this reason, honors him with the other exemplary awardees.
Thank you to our 2019 EIP Judges! Congratulations to all of the honorees as we look forward to seeing everyone at this year’s 2019 Excellence in Partnership Celebration & Fall Training Conference on November 20, 2019!