- This event has passed.
General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule Contracting for In-House Counsel – October 5th
October 5, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
This class is a “must attend” for lawyers and corporate officials with significant contract management and compliance responsibilities in companies that have GSA Schedule contracts.
GSA Schedule contracts offer a huge market opportunity. The GSA Schedule, including the delegated VA Schedules, is a $50 billion contracting program that all federal agencies use to acquire commercial services and products. In some instances, state agencies can place orders against their contracts. These multiple year, government-wide contracts cover professional services, information technology, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment and a vast array of commercial products.
Of particular interest to in-house counsel and corporate executives, Schedule contracts have a pricing methodology, and disclosure requirements that are unique in federal government contracting. The contracts provisions must be correctly understood, managed, and monitored to assure that your commercial enterprise realizes anticipated profits. Failure to do so can result in significant monetary, administrative, civil and even criminal penalties.
This seminar will provide information and tools to help you understand the GSA/VA Schedule contracting program and provide insightful advice to your in-house clients and business partners.
- Roger Waldron, President, Coalition for Government Procurement
- Lorraine Campos, Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Jason Workmaster, Of Counsel, Covington & Burling LLP
Who Should Attend:
- In-house counsel for current GSA/VA Schedule contractors
- In-house counsel for companies considering becoming a GSA/VA Schedule contractor
- Government attorneys that advise clients who evaluate or buy against Schedule contracts
- Outside counsel interested in learning more about GSA/VA Schedule contracting
- Compliance Officers
- Non-lawyers with extensive MAS experience
- Contract Managers
- Contracting Officers
After attending this seminar you will:
- Earn 6 hours VA CLE!
- Understand GSA/VA’s most favored customer pricing policy and major requirements of the government solicitation
- Understand current audit/oversight procedures
- Understand current GSA Schedule Price Negotiation Priorities
- Understand how the GSA Schedule can impact your company bottom line
Plus, be able to advise your in-house clients regarding:
- Disclosure of company records
- Establishing management and compliance processes
- Establishing ethics programs and mandatory disclosure
- Avoiding penalties
- Identifying resources to assist with continuing legal support of your internal GSA/VA Schedule programs
|8:00 – 9:00 am||GSA Schedule Program Overview|
|9:00 – 10:00 am||MAS Pricing and Significant Contract provisions and Resources for In-house Counsel|
|10:00 – 10:15 am||Break/Card exchange|
|10:15 – 11:30 am||The TDR and Other Notable Developments in MAS Contracts|
|11:30 pm – 1:00 pm||Working Lunch – Domestic Preferences|
|1:15 – 2:15 pm||Audits, Oversight and Enforcement|
|2:15 – 2:30 pm||Break/Card exchange|
|2:30 – 3:00 pm||Ethics|
|3:00 – 3:30 pm||Mandatory Disclosure|
Date & Time:
October 5th, 2017
8:30 am – 3:30 pm.
Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce, Baker Tilly Conference Room – 7900 Westpark Drive, Suite A550, Tysons Corner, VA 22102
Keystone Members: Complimentary
Executive/Strategic Partner Members: 5 Complimentary Registrations ($595 each for ADDL)
Premier Members: 2 Complimentary Registration ($595 each for ADDL)
Standard Members: $695.00