- This event has passed.
Protecting “Covered Defense Information” – How to Respond to DoD’s Cyber Contract Requirements
December 13, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
DoD contractors are obligated by DFARS 252.204-7012 to implement, by December 31, 2017, 110 cyber “requirements” stated in NIST Special Publication (SP) 800-171. Recognizing that some companies are unsure what they can do, in the time available, this webinar will be structured to deal with 15 timely topics and allow ample time for Q&A.
This 90-minute webinar will feature Bob Metzger, recognized as a leading expert on federal efforts to improve contractor cybersecurity through regulation and contract requirements. A frequent author and speaker on these subjects, Bob heads the Washington, D.C. office of Rogers Joseph O’Donnell, PC, a boutique law firm (and CGP member) specializing in government contracts.
The 15 topics to be discussed will include:
- A Risk-Informed Response to DoD’s Objectives
- Starting Late: Strategies for Compliance by 12/31/2017
- What is “CDI” and Do You Have it?
- Is DoD Responsible to Identify CDI
- Importance of a Self-Assessment
- Leveraging Existing Security Practices to Meet SP 800-171
- The System Security Plan and its Importance
- NIST’s New SP 800-171A Assessment Guide
- A Tiered Approach to Improved Security Over Time
- Where Can Third Parties Assist?
- What is Sufficient to Demonstrate Compliance?
- Managed Security Services and the Cloud
- What to Expect in Solicitations
- Can Cyber Figure into Bid Protests?
- Preparing for Cyber Events and Incident Response
Keystone Member: Complimentary
Executive Member/Strategic Partner: Complimentary
Premier Member: Complimentary
Standard/Affiliate Member: $50