From April 14-16, key government acquisition leaders will join more than 5,000 professionals from across the federal acquisition community at GSA’s FAST2020 training conference in Atlanta, GA. Among the attendees will be GSA Administrator Emily W. Murphy, FAS Commissioner Julie Dunne, and DOD Chief Management Officer Lisa Hershman. Also invited are OFPP Administrator Dr. Michael Wooten and DOD Deputy Secretary David L. Norquist. Their presentations will include a critical discussion of perceived enablers and challenges to driving innovation across the federal marketplace.
In addition, government attendees, including more than 200 GSA contracting officers, along with their industry colleagues, will explore topical issues, like acquisition innovation; the use of emerging technology; and supply chain risk management strategies through a mix of executive exchanges; more than 200 unique training sessions; networking; and expert panels. More than 500 exhibitors will be featured showcasing products and services from each of the ten government-wide categories (see those already enrolled as exhibiting). Also included will be a theater for additional CLPs, and opportunities to schedule one-on-one meetings with GSA acquisition and category experts. In addition, GSA is hosting an e-lab booth for hands-on interactive learning experiences. Finally, the FAST2020 conference will host small business matchmaking events, along with co-located agency-led national meetings for US Army Corps of Engineers, NASA and the VA. Interested parties may register for the conference at GSA_FAST2020.
With more than 200 training sessions featuring topics and presenters, GSA has made a significant investment in the acquisition workforce. Here is a sampling of some of the training sessions being offered:
– DOD’s Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification program, Dr. Katie Arrington, Chief Information Security Officer, OUSD A&S
– DHS’ Procurement Innovation Lab Bootcamp and Contractors Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS) Pilot, Polly Hall, Strategy and Planning Lead, Procurement Innovation Lab, DHS
– VA’s IT Contracting Innovations, Mark Junda, Director Service Division E, Technology Acquisition Center, VA
– GSA RPA Pilot, Keith Nakasone, Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Office of Information Technology Category, GSA
– Modernizing Acquisition, Joanie Newhart, Associate Administrator of Acquisition Workforce Program, OFPP
– Acquisition Elements, Eliana Zavala, Management Analyst, OFPP
– E-Commerce Commercial Platform, Laura Stanton, Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Office of Information Technology Category, GSA
– Modernizing SAM.gov, Judith Zawatsky, Assistant Commissioner, Office of Systems Management, GSA
– MAS Consolidation, Stephanie Shutt, Director MAS Program Management Office, GSA
– Commercial Solutions Opening Pilot Program, Chris Hamm, Director FEDSIM, GSA
– Review all sessions here
The Coalition commends GSA’s investment in training and professional development for the acquisition workforce represented by FAST 2020. Indeed, Coalition members have a long and positive track record of participating in, and contributing to, acquisition training across the procurement community. FAST 2020 provides an new, unique opportunity to continue that strong Coalition tradition. Engagement, dialogue, and collaboration between government and industry improves competition and promotes sound business opportunities that deliver best value mission support. After all, we are all in this together!
We look forward to seeing you there and be sure to stop by our booth!