The Excellence in Partnership Celebration (November 15) and 2017 Fall Training Conference (November 16) put an exclamation point on a very busy procurement year! Once again, the EIP Celebration and Training Conference will bring the procurement community together to share insights and analysis regarding key trends, opportunities and challenges impacting the current and future Federal marketplace. This engagement reflects the best in partnership: Government and industry acquisition professionals meeting, listening and learning together to identify common sense policies, procedures and programs that deliver best value outcomes that support customer agency missions and serve the American people.
This year the Coalition is honored to have Jack St. John, GSA Chief of Staff and Acting General Counsel, deliver the opening remarks at the EIP Celebration. Jack will be followed by Alan Thomas, FAS Commissioner, who will share his observations of the federal market and his vision for FAS. Upon the conclusion of his speech, Alan will take time to answer questions. Coalition members appreciate this unique opportunity to engage in a substantive, federal business focused conversation with Jack and Alan.
Of course, the evening would not be complete without the EIP honorees, the Coalition community looks forward to honoring those high performing individuals and organizations that have made a positive difference in innovation, acquisition savings, and streamlining. Organizations will also be honored for their efforts in hiring veterans. Finally, the night will culminate with Lifetime Acquisition Excellence honors. The EIP Celebration is not only about honoring the best in acquisition each year; it is an opportunity to say thank you to the entire procurement community for all the work in supporting government missions worldwide on behalf of the American people.
The 2017 Market “MRI” – Modernization, Reorganization, and Innovation: What is the Prognosis for Government and Industry?
This year’s Fall Training Conference, titled: Market MRI: Modernization, Reorganization & Innovation – The Procurement Prognosis for Government and Industry, brings together procurement leaders from across government and industry for an in-depth dialogue on many of the critical issues facing the procurement community. To begin the day, participants will hear from Shay Assad, the Acting Director of Defense Procurement Acquisition Policy (DPAP), who will discuss a variety of topics including the DoD’s new initiative to expedite and streamline the process for obtaining a contract.
Later that morning, we will have the e-Commerce, MRI, and the Future of Procurement panel moderated by Tom Sisti of SAP, featuring panelists:
- Leantha Sumpter, Deputy Director of Defense Procurement & Acquisition Policy (DPAP), DoD (invited)
- Bill Greenwalt, Managing Partner for Brinkley Greenwalt Capital Planners, (invited)
- Ben FitzGerald, Professional Staff Member for the Senate Armed Services Committee (invited), and
- Mark McCalister, the Director of Federal Contracts, IBM
Shortly thereafter, we will have our GSA MRI Panel which will include Mary Davie, Deputy Commissioner, FAS (Moderator) and GSA panelists:
- Kay Ely, Assistant Commissioner for IT Category;
- Erv Koehler, Assistant Commissioner for Customer and Stakeholder Engagement;
- Dave Zvenyach, Assistant Commissioner for Systems Management (invited); and
- Stephanie Shutt, Acting Director MAS PMO
Just before breaking for lunch, the Coalition is excited to announce the return of one of the most popular segments from last year’s conference – If I Knew Then, What I Know Now. This year’s panel will have a unique Modernization, Reorganization, & Innovation twist and will be moderated by Angela Styles, former Administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy. Featured panelists include:
- Jon Etherton, who spent 21 years of working in and with Congress and the Executive Branch on national security funding and acquisition policy issues, now founder of Etherton and Associates;
- Karen Evans, who served as administrator of E-Government and Information Technology at the Office of Management and Budget (a job now dubbed “federal CIO”) under President George W. Bush, now partner at management consulting service KE&T Partners;
- Jim Williams, former commissioner of GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service, now partner at Schambach and Williams Consulting; and
- Thad Allen, (invited) who served as Commandant of the Coast Guard when in 2005 he was designated principal federal official for the U.S. government’s response and recovery operations in the aftermath of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita throughout the Gulf Coast region. In 2010, President Obama selected Thad Allen to serve as the national incident commander for the unified response to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. He now serves as a Senior Executive Advisor at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Last, but certainly not least, in the afternoon we will be hosting eight “MRI” small group sessions, where participants will be able to directly converse with government procurement leaders on a variety of topics, including:
- Professional Services
- The Federal IT Portfolio
- General/Office Products
- VA Healthcare
- DHS Acquisition Policy
- The FedMall Portal
- GSA Federal Marketplace Initiatives
- Defense Healthcare
We will conclude the Conference with a light reception and additional time for networking.
Registration is open for both the 2017 Fall Training Conference and Excellence in Partnership Awards. For any assistance with registration or sponsorship inquiries, please contact Matt Cahill at email@example.com or by phone at 202-315-1054. We look forward to your participation!
To access the draft agenda for the Fall Conference, please click here.
We look forward to seeing you there!