Spring has finally arrived, and with it comes the Coalition’s Annual Spring Training Conference set for May 16th in Falls Church, VA! This year’s theme will be The Future of Acquisition Shared Services and Interagency Contracting and we are especially pleased to let you know Emily Murphy, GSA Administrator, will be providing our morning keynote address, “Expanding on GSA’s Four Priorities”.
Prior to the keynote address, Ray Bjorklund, President of BirchGrove Consulting, and Roger Waldron, President of the Coalition, will be providing a thorough market update and shared services snapshot to get the morning kicked off. After, we will be holding two panel discussions focused on:
Mission Imperative to Meet the FAS Vision, featuring:
- Dave Zvenyach, Assistant Commissioner for Systems Management, GSA (invited)
- Stephanie Shutt, Director, MAS Program Management Office, GSA (invited)
- Alexandra Rouse, Professional Services Program Executive, GSA (invited)
- Joanne Collins-Smee, Deputy Commissioner and Director, Technology Transformation Service, GSA (invited)
- Mark Lee, Assistant Commissioner, Policy & Compliance, GSA (invited)
4th Quarter Spending Strategies, featuring:
- Dwayne Weaver, Senior Services Manager, Department of Navy (invited)
- Jose Arrietta, Senior Procurement Executive, HHS (invited)
- Soraya Correa, Chief Procurement Officer, DHS (invited)
- Eldred Jackson, Associate Director, Office of Procurement Operations, VA (confirmed)
- Phil Christy, Acting Executive Director/Chief Acquisition Officer of the Office of Acquisition, Logistics, and Construction, VA (confirmed)
In-between the panels, we will have a 30 minute “Post-it Note Session” to get industry’s input and perspective on GSA goals. As you start to get hungry heading into the afternoon you will enjoy attending “Save Your Appetite: Lawyers for Lunch”, which will feature Jonathan Aronie, Partner, Sheppard Mullin; Jason Workmaster, Of Counsel, Covington and Burling; David Dowd, Partner, Mayer Brown; and Lorraine Campos, Partner, Crowell & Moring.
After lunch, we have a panel discussing “Feedback from Conversations with the Customer Agencies,” and have invited Erv Koehler, Assistant Commissioner for Customer Accounts and Stakeholder Engagement, GSA (invited); Tiffany Hixson, Assistant Commissioner for the Professional Services and Human Capital Categories, GSA (invited); Kay Ely, Assistant Commissioner for the IT Category (invited); and Pete Burr, Deputy Director of FEDSIM, GSA (confirmed).
In the afternoon, attendees will have the opportunity to engage in Business Intelligence Sessions, which extend beyond the traditional breakout sessions to provide an interactive, collaborative, and informative dialogue with Federal experts and leaders in procurement. We have invited over 20 of these such leaders to discuss the following eight sessions that you can choose from:
Business Intelligence Session #1
- Information Technology
- Professional Services
- General Products
Business Intelligence Session #2
- IT Modernization
As always, the Conference will conclude with a networking reception to allow you to further engage your peers and the day’s speakers.
Lastly, I would like to thank all of our sponsors, especially our Title Sponsor, Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc., as well as a big thank you to all our Keystone Members, Executive Members, and Strategic Partners who make events like this possible in the first place.
We are less than three weeks away from this important event and encourage you to register today!