Please join the Coalition for Government Procurement at our annual Spring Training Conference where this year’s theme will be Outlook into 2017: What Transition Means For Your Federal Business Opportunities. This year’s event will be held on Thursday, April 28th at the Fairview Park Marriott in Falls Church, VA. Registration and a networking breakfast will begin at 7:15AM and we will conclude the day will a networking reception starting at 5:00PM.
Roger Waldron, President of the Coalition, will kick off the morning sessions at 8:15AM and we have invited Frank Kendall, Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition Technology & Logistics (AT&L), to provide the Keynote. We hope to have Mr. Kendall discuss The Future of Commercial Item Contracting in DOD Acquisition. Afterwards, we will discuss The “To Do” List for Acquisition Reform during a Congressional Panel that will include Former Congressman James P. Moran, Senior Legislative Advisor, McDermott Will & Emery and Emily Murphy, Policy Director & Senior Counsel with the House Small Business Committee (invited), among others.
After a short break we will dive right into our Legal Panel that will be discussing “The Rogers” – Annual Awards for Significant Government Contracts Legal Cases, Bid Protests and New Regulations. This panel will be led by three outstanding, knowledgeable and entertaining lawyers, including Jonathan Aronie, Partner, Sheppard Mullin; Jason Workmaster, Counsel, Covington Burling; and David Dowd, Partner, Mayer Brown. A Budget Panel will follow, titled Show Me The Money! You will get to hear from and ask questions to the budget masters, Ray Bjorklund, Birchgrove Consulting; Brian Friel, One Nation Analytics; and Cameron Leuthy, Bloomberg Government.
The learning doesn’t stop at lunch! This year’s lunchtime education session will be led by Bob Lohfeld, CEO of Lohfeld Consulting, who will be discussing Competing in the New Federal Market. At the conclusion of lunch we will hold one more joint session by way of a Category Management Panel. This panel will be moderated by Anne Rung, Administrator OFFP and will include Kevin Youel Page, Deputy Commissioner FAS, GSA; David Shields, Former Managing Director UK Government Procurement Service; and Dr. Jonathan Woodson, Medical Category Manager, Assistant Secretary for Defense, DOD (invited).
Lastly, we will have Category Management Breakout sessions in the afternoon which will allow you the opportunity to choose between five unique sessions, including:
- IT Category with Kim Luke, IT Category Manager (invited);
- Professional Services Categories with Tiffany Hixson, FAS Regional Commissioner (Region 10), Professional Services Category Manager; Rob Briede, Acting Training Management Assistance Program Manager Human Capital Products and Services Category Manager, OPM; Gerri Watson, Deputy Regional Commissioner, GSA; and Kenneth Brennan, Deputy Director Services Acquisition, DPAP;
- Industrial Products & Services and Facilities & Construction Categories with George Prochaska, FAS Regional Commissioner (Region 7), Industrial Products and Services Category Manager; Mary Ruwwe, FAS Regional Commissioner (Region 6), Facilities and Construction Category Manager; Jill Laduca, Director Greater Southwest Acquisition Center; and Teresa McCarthy, Director, Integrated Facilities Management & Industrial Products Solution Center;
- Medical Category with Craig Robinson, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary, National Acquisition Center, VA (invited); Phyllis Bower, Associate Executive Director, Strategic Acquisition Center, VA (invited);
- Office Management Category with Greg Hammond, Office Management Category Manager, FAS Region 2 Commissioner; Brian Knapp, Integrated Workplace Acquisition Center Director; and Peter Han, Director, National Administrative Services and Office Supplies Acquisition Center
Please register for our Spring Training Conference by clicking HERE! Additionally, we encourage you to review all of our Spring Training Conference sponsorship opportunities and benefits by clicking HERE! For assistance with registration or to discuss sponsorship opportunities and commitments, please contact Matt Cahill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-315-1054.
***The agenda is subject to change without notice; for the full agenda of invited and confirmed speakers, please click here.