Thank you to everyone who attended the Coalition’s 2019 Fall Healthcare Conference, Excellence in Partnership (EIP) Awards Dinner, and Fall Training Conference, Commercial Acquisition Disrupters: e-Commerce, Consolidation, and Cyber. Following a very busy procurement year, these three events delivered timely and relevant information on the evolving Federal marketplace and , in the case of the EIP Awards dinner, recognized outstanding leaders and innovation in acquisition programs. We continue to have increased participation each year at these events from both Government and industry. The Coalition is encouraged by everyone’s positive feedback and we would like to thank you for your support.
We are especially appreciative of our Keynote speakers, Dr. Michael Wooten, Administrator, Office of Federal Procurement Policy; Emily Murphy, Administrator, General Services Administration (GSA); Major General Cameron Holt, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Contracting, USAF; Jack St. John, General Counsel, GSA; Bill Zielinski, Assistant Commissioner for the Office of Information Technology Category, GSA; Dr. Angela Billups, Executive Director, OAL, VA; and Phil Christy, Deputy Executive Director, OALC, VA; and; for their insights on the themes of this year’s Awards ceremony, Healthcare Conference, and Training Conference.
Please join us again in congratulating this year’s EIP Awardees:
Lifetime Acquisition Excellence Award
Kitty Klaus, Director of Contracts, Easy Dynamics Corporation
Tiffany Hixson, Assistant Commissioner, Office of the Professional Services and Human Capital Categories, FAS, GSA
LeAntha Sumpter, Director, Contracting e-Business, Defense Pricing and Contracting, Office of the Undersecretary of Defense (Acquisition and Sustainment)
Partnership Appreciation Award
Robin Bourne, Director, Acquisition Policy Division, Office of Policy and Compliance, GSA FAS (retired)
Excellence in Innovation Award
Booz Allen Hamilton
Stephanie Shutt, Director, Multiple Awards Schedule Program Management Office, FAS, GSA
NUWC Division Newport, NAVSEA, ONR Prize Challenge Effort
Advocating for Veterans Award
National Industries for the Blind
Carlos A. Flores, President & CEO, Coronado Distribution Company
Acquisition Excellence Award
Julia Conti, Contracts Director, CGI Federal
NUWC Division Newport, Other Transaction Authority Team
GSA AAS FEDSIM
The Coalition would like to extend a special thank you to our Title Sponsors
Fall Healthcare Conference Title Sponsors:
EIP Awards Celebration Title Sponsor:
Fall Training Conference Title Sponsor:
The Coalition would also like to thank our other sponsors –First Nation Group, Concordance Healthcare Solutions, BD, Manus Medical, The Gormley Group, CACI, Sheppard Mullin, SAIC, Raytheon, Ricoh, and Northrop Grumman.
In addition, the Coalition would like to thank our many speakers, including, but not limited to:
– Tammy Czarnecki, Assistant Deputy Undersecretary of Health for Administrative Operations, VA;
– Ricky Lemmon, Acting Executive Director, Office of Acquisition and Logistics, VA;
– Dr. Barclay Butler, Chief Acquisition Executive, DHA;
– Matthew Beebe, Director of Acquisition, DLA;
– Tom Leney, Associate Executive Director, SAC, VA;
– Andrew Centineo, Executive Director Procurement and Logistics, VHA;
– Judith Zawatsky, Assistant Commissioner, Office of Systems Management, GSA;
– Tiffany Hixson, Office of Professional Services and Human Capital Categories, GSA;
– Crystal Philcox, Assistant Commissioner, Office of Enterprise Strategy Management, GSA;
– Jon Etherton, President, Etherton & Associates;
– Ryan Roberts, Partner, Sheppard Mullin; Bill Stallings, Partner, Mayer Brown;
– Vice Admiral David Lewis, Director, DCMA; Andrew Hunter, Senior Fellow, CSIS;
– Kim Herrington, Acting Principal Director, DPC; and
– Kathy Carson Director Customer Outreach Division, GSA.
Lastly, I would like to thank you, the contracting community, for coming together to support common sense in government procurement at these events. This week, the Coalition hosted over 60 government speakers and industry experts who led informative dialogues on the most pertinent issues facing the Federal marketplace. Their contribution, as well as the contributions of all who attended, helped ensure these events were a success. We look forward to your involvement with the Coalition into the next year as we continue to focus on common sense acquisition policy solutions.