For 40 years, the Coalition has provided members with unparalleled service in the realm of procurement policy. We track key policy issues and advise members on the latest developments in Federal contract regulation and legislation.
Voicing member interests to the Federal Government is central to the Coalition’s policy involvement. Government often turns to the Coalition for feedback and insight when launching new procurement programs and policies. The following are just some of the policy matters that the Coalition is currently engaged in:
- A thoughtful and balanced approach to e-commerce implementation in the Federal market
- Promoting an efficient Consolidation of GSA’s Schedules program
- Implementation of “Unpriced” Services for GSA Schedules
- Facilitating a Government and industry dialogue on the acquisition strategy for the next generation of GWACs and MACs such as CIO-SP4 and the follow-on OASIS vehicle
- The enhancement of veteran’s healthcare through greater partnership and shared services between the VA, DHA and DLA
- Promoting an efficient and effective Medical/Surgical Prime Vendor program, consistent with commercial best practices, to the maximum extent practicable
- Keeping members apprised of relevant cyber and supply chain security requirements (e.g., Section 889 and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification) and sharing industry’s feedback with the appropriate Federal agencies
- Strategic implementation of Category Management government-wide and industry input into the identification of Best in Class contracts
- Modernization of the Schedules including support for GSA’s Contract Writing System, Catalog Management reform, updating pricing policies, and streamlining contract requirements
- Industry representation on the future of FedMALL
The list of issues that the Coalition advocates for on behalf of its members is continually evolving. To learn more about our policy involvement, contact Aubrey Woolley.