The Coalition is excited to kick off 2023 with a full schedule of all-member events to help contractors prepare for the New Year! We remain dedicated to bringing Coalition members the most valuable discussions with government and industry leaders on key acquisition policies and programs impacting the procurement community throughout the year. Learn more and register for these upcoming events below!
January 24: Overview of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2023
Join us virtually on January 24 from 10 am – 12 pm EST for our first all-member event of 2023, An Overview of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2023, presented by Moshe Schwartz, President of Etherton and Associates, Inc.
The NDAA was signed into law on December 23, 2022. During the event, Schwartz will highlight:
- Trends and focus areas of the NDAA;
- Acquisition, industrial base, and cybersecurity provisions;
- How the NDAA may impact the administration’s policy goals; and
- Potential future areas of focus and change in acquisition and industrial base policy.
We look forward to your participation! To register, click here.
January 24: OASIS+ Meeting with GSA’s Tiffany Hixson
The Coalition has invited Tiffany Hixson, Assistant Commissioner for the Office of Professional Services and Human Capital Categories, to speak to the OASIS+ Working Group during a members-only meeting on January 24 at 2 pm at Northrop Grumman in Tysons, VA. The meeting will feature a focused dialogue on the OASIS+ second draft Request for Proposal (RFP).
To register, click here.
February 1: Year in Review for Small Business Contractors
The Coalition’s Small Business Committee will be hosting a virtual all-member briefing, the Year in Review for Small Business Contractors, on February 1 from 10 am – 12 pm EST. Panelists include:
- Ken Dodds, Government Contracting Industry Expert at Live Oak Bank;
- David Black, Partner at Holland & Knight; and
- Jonathan Williams, Partner at PillieroMazza.
Both small and large businesses are encouraged to register for the event to hear a summary of 2022 laws, regulations, and court decisions impacting small business government contracting including:
- Mentor-protégé, joint ventures, and subcontracting;
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) goals;
- Small Disadvantaged Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) certification; and
- The Nonmanufacturer Rule and affiliation.
February 2: Webinar – The Cost of Security – Cost Accounting Considerations for CMMC
The Coalition is pleased to host Chess Consulting’s Mike Tomaselli for a webinar on The Cost of Security – Cost Accounting Considerations for CMMC on February 2 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm EST. As investments in cybersecurity capabilities are made in preparation for CMMC, DoD contractors are experiencing a subsequent increase in their costs. Along with concerns in meeting cyber requirements, there is much concern about the ability to recover these costs under DOD contracts. Join us for a discussion on government contract cost accounting standards and principles, including allowability and allocability, that we can apply to CMMC costs, with an aim towards compliance and competitiveness.
To register for the webinar, click here.
February 16: Webinar – False Claims Act Enforcement in 2023: Key Developments and Risk Mitigation Strategies
The risks of exposure to damages and penalties under the civil False Claims Act (FCA) present recurring challenges for government contractors. For this presentation on False Claims Act Enforcement in 2023: Key Developments and Risk Mitigation Strategies, the Coalition is pleased to host Perkins Coie LLP Partners Alexander Canizares and Barak Cohen on February 16 from 12 – 1 pm EST, who will provide a practical overview of key considerations for government contractors related to the FCA, trends in FCA enforcement, and how to manage effectively risks related to whistleblower allegations and qui tam lawsuits.
Among other things, Alex and Barak will address:
- DOJ’s FCA enforcement priorities;
- Key takeaways from DOJ’s FY 2022 statistics for FCA settlements and judgments;
- FCA developments before the Supreme Court and their implications for contractors;
- Emerging issues related to the FCA and cybersecurity;
- FCA risks and private equity; and
- Recent cases involving small business programs and Paycheck Protection Program loans.
To register for the webinar, click here.
As the new Congress kicks off, the Coalition is wasting no time in bringing you actionable information to support your government market business initiatives. Please keep an eye out for future events, as we continue to support our members and promote common sense in government procurement.